Information We Collect
We collect your personal data typically when you make a purchase, use or register into our services, enter into a sales promotion or a campaign or otherwise interact with us. We endeavor to collect personal data only with your knowledge or consent. Below are examples of the categories of data that may be collected:
- Information you provide us with. When you register for our services, make a purchase, enter a sales promotion or otherwise interact with us, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your name, email address, street address, as well as user names, passwords and other such credentials that are used to authenticate users and to validate their actions or that may be needed to provide you with the products and services you have requested or to communicate with you. We may collect demographic information, for example, your age, gender and zip code. We may also collect other information you provide, such as your consents, preferences and feedback. Please note that certain non-identifiable information collected from you may become personal identifiable information when you provide us with your personal data. Some of our services may allow you to submit information about other people, for example, if you make an order for a product that you wish us to send directly to another recipient.
- Your transactions with us. We collect or ask for information relating to your purchase and/or use of our products and/or services and your other interactions with us. Such information may include, for example, details of the queries or requests you have made, the products and services provided (including delivery details), financial details (including payments made, credit card details, billing address, and other such financial information), details of agreements between you and CHEF-K, records of contacts and communications, information and details relating to the content you have provided us with and other such transactional information. Certain services may involve the use of your location data. However, use of your location data for such services is subject to your consent.
How We Use Your Personal Data
CHEF-K processes your personal data for the purposes described in this Policy and/or any additional service specific privacy information. Please note that one or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Provision of products and services We may use your personal data to fulfill your requests, process your order or as otherwise may be necessary to perform or enforce the contract between you and CHEF-K, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you and to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
- Development of products and services We may use your personal data to develop our products and/or services. However, for the most part we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services. We may also use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with service more relevant to you, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our websites. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular CHEF-K product and/or service with other personal data we may hold about you, except where such personal data was collected for a different purpose. We may create aggregate and statistical information based on your personal data.
- Communicating with you and marketing We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example, to respond to your inquiries, to provide information relating to our products and/or services you are using or to contact you for customer satisfaction queries. We may use your personal data for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research and we may, in accordance with applicable law, contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions we may offer. Also, some of our products and services may be used to promote products and services of other companies. However, CHEF-K does not disclose your personal data to such companies or any other company for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Generally, we do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- Consent We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may include sharing your personal data with other users of the service, for example services where users publish their own content or CHEF-K user communities.
- CHEF-K authorized third parties We may share your personal data with other CHEF-K authorized third parties who process personal data for CHEF-K for the purposes described in this Policy. Such parties are not permitted to use your personal data for other purposes, and we require them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Mandatory disclosures We may be obligated by law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend CHEF-K’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our business, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
Collecting the Data of Minors
CHEF-K does not seek to collect any information from or engage in any transactions with persons under the age of 13. Our databases may nevertheless contain personal data of children under 13 due to the fact that it is not always possible to determine precisely the age of the user. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personal identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and up-to-date and to delete out of date or otherwise incorrect or unnecessary personal data. As certain CHEF-K products and services may allow you to manage your profile, we encourage you to access your personal data from time to time to ensure that it is correct and up-to-date. Please remember that it is your responsibility to provide us with correct details as well as to update the personal data you have provided us with in case of any changes.
While there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone, via the internet or otherwise, and no technology is completely safe or “tamper” or ”hacker” proof, CHEF-K takes reasonable technical and organizational information security measures to prevent and minimize such risks. Such measures include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure servers, encryption, implementing proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure. Where appropriate, we may also take backup copies and use other such means to prevent accidental damage or destruction to your personal data. If a particular part of a CHEF-K website supports online transactions, we will use, or ensure that our vendors use, an industry standard security measure to protect the confidentiality and security of online transactions.
In case you wish to know what personal data we hold about you or you wish to replenish, rectify, anonymize or delete any incomplete, incorrect or outdated personal data, or you wish us to cease processing your personal data for the purpose of sending promotional materials or direct marketing or for the performance of market research, you may contact us using the information below. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or cease the processing of your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you. We encourage you to use available profile management tools for the above purposes as such tools often provide you with direct access to your personal data and allow you to effectively manage it. Please note that CHEF-K may need to identify you and to ask for additional information in order to be able to fulfill your above request. Please also note that applicable law may contain restrictions and other provisions that relate to your above rights.
Residents of the State of California, under certain provisions of the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain personal identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may request the information in writing at:
1826 Hartman Lane
Petaluma, CA 94954
Attn: California Privacy Request