Schools and Government Organizations
Chef-K provides a series of eight compelling courses that provides a curriculum on children’s health through diet. Our program on child nutrition teaches kids topics that range from nutrition facts and labeling and food safety that includes hands-on food preparation techniques.
Chef-K delivers comprehensive courses that fit your organization’s needs. Professional health and nutrition consultants deliver nutrition education to kids aged from 7 to 18, with safe and child focused culinary skills. Whether the organization is equipped with a kitchen or not, Chef-K can customize our nutrition science courses to suit your group’s needs.
Find out more about our government capability and experience on this page. You can also find out more about our nutrition education and curriculum for after-school programs or summer camps.
The culinary health education curriculum and material represented here are available to government organizations and schools to bring into your community.
• Events and activities
• After school programs
• Summer Camp programs
• Develop plans for establishing and funding culinary and nutrition programs
• Create custom curriculums
• Write teacher and instructor job descriptions
• Hire and place teachers and instructors
• Customize instruction based on USDA guidelines
Laurie Zerga, founder is available for speaking. She shares her experience as a parent and from training kids across the country to eat healthy and prepare their own food. Let her inspire your team to be a role model while teaching your kids too. Choose from tips, hints and short-cuts for parents; or how to start up a culinary program for youth organizations.
Chef-K has certified trainers available to teach our material in your organization. Our trainers have food safe certification, background checks, and have been trained in use of the Chef-K material.
• Expertise: Children, teens, and adults’ culinary education – developing, implementing, and teaching for over 15 years
• Curriculum listed in CA Afterschool Resource Center, USDA and SNAP-ed libraries
• Multiple services; consulting, curriculum development, and training
• Training trainers – developed, piloted, and developed training programs in organizations
• U.S. Air Force, youth services, multiple bases
• Navy, youth services
• Boys and Girls Club of America, multiple clubs
• Private and Public Schools, Concord, Oakland, Petaluma, and San Francisco, California
Place of Performance
Culinary Health Education for Kids
1826 Hartman Lane, Petaluma, CA 94954
Government Point Of Contact:
Certification: All Staff food safe certified
Staff Information: All staff background checked, TB scanned, ready for government & school contracting
Woman-owned Small Business
611110 Elementary & Secondary Schools
611519 Other Tech & Trade schools
611699 All other miscellaneous schools and instruction
611710 Educational Support Services
621610 Home Health Care Services
624110 Childe and Youth Services
624210 Community Food Services